[Phpmyadmin-devel] Enum editor: JQuery UI vs. custom dialog

Rohit Kalhans rohit.kalhans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:11:56 CET 2010

Just wondering, whats this discussion about? Is it about using AJAX  and a
better UI in phpMyAdmin or is it about which framework to use. I both the
case I guess people want to shift towards a Framework other than mootools,
and I guess everyone seems to be happy with JQuery. I may be wrong and in
that case please *enlighten *me.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Sonny Michaud a écrit :
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Here is a speed comparison between a number of major js libraries, which
> > may aid in your decision:  http://mootools.net/slickspeed/
> >
> > Also, you may want to weigh the pros and cons of the methodologies of
> > the different frameworks, e.g. jQuery keeps all its functionality
> > separated into a separate jQuery object and is therefore less likely to
> > interfere with other js, whereas Prototype prototypes onto the js object
> > classes directly.
> >

> Thanks Sonny. This test page uses jQuery 1.2.6 but the current release
> is 1.4.2.
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info