[Phpmyadmin-devel] Themes: Artic Ocean and Smooth Yellow

Rohit Kalhans rohit.kalhans at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:05:08 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:32:30 +0100
> Michael Keck <sfnet at michaelkeck.de> napsal(a):
>
> > That was the problem. Now I've fixed it with this hack:
> >
> > if (isset($GLOBALS['PMA_Config']) &&
> $GLOBALS['PMA_Config']->get('fontsize') !== null) {
> >     $pma_fsize = $GLOBALS['PMA_Config']->get('fontsize');
> > } else if (isset($_SESSION['PMA_Config']) &&
> $_SESSION['PMA_Config']->get('fontsize')) {
> >     $pma_fsize = $_SESSION['PMA_Config']->get('fontsize');
> > } else {
> >     if (isset($_COOKIE['pma_fontsize'])) {
> >         $pma_fsize = $_COOKIE['pma_fontsize'];
> >     }
> > }
> > $pma_fsize = preg_replace("/[^0-9]/", "", $pma_fsize);
> > if (!empty($pma_fsize)) {
> >     $pma_fsize = ($pma_fsize * 0.01);
> > } else {
> >     $pma_fsize = 1;
> > }
> >
> > This can be a solution on many themes at the moment.
> > But - why do we have so many different things to store PMA_Configs?
>
> It used to be in session data, but it turned out to be wrong decision -
> we don't want to store sensitive data in session (eg. user password
> would end up there).

Please pardon my ignorance if this question is too trivial but what exactly
is the problem in storing sensitive user information in the Session
variables. I mean is it only that when running on a local machine someone
might see the password in the temporary  session file generated in the temp
folder or something else?

> That's why it has been moved to globals (in
> trunk, targeted for 3.4).
>
> Anyway I think that this code should be rather in some functions and
> all themes would use it.
>
> --
>        Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Rohit Kalhans