[Phpmyadmin-devel] Transition to template-based framework

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Mar 9 14:19:38 CET 2010

Hi

Dne Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:26:36 +0100
Michael Keck <sfnet at michaelkeck.de> napsal(a):

> ... if I should use a PHP-Framework, I'm thinking we should use the newest
> Symfony and if released I would prefer use Symfony Reloaded 2.0
> (http://symfony-reloaded.org/). The final release of Reloaded 2.0 is
> planned for
> *late 2010* and will only support *PHP 5.3.2*. This mean I (and others
> to) would
> have more time for integrate Symfony in PMA.

Maybe it was not clear from me, but I think that we should really go
just to templates, because using some framework would require much more
changes in the code.

> Should we open a separated development folder for this project?

Just a separate branch. Preferably wait with creating it after moving
to git (I'll post schedule later today).

> Is it possible to make discussion about comments for html-output? It
> would be
> helpfull for me, to search in whole PMA-Scripts for it, and then sperate
> PHP from
> HTML. Many Thanks ;)

I don't know what kind of comments you want, but as HTML output is
really spread around the code, adding comments to identify it and then
separate it in another step looks like double work.