[Phpmyadmin-devel] Git is here

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Mar 11 17:03:13 CET 2010

Hi all

I should have announced it earlier (as the repository migration went as
planned), however I somehow got focused to migrating other tools
meanwhile so the announcement comes now.

So yes, everything is in Git now and the Subversion repository is in
read-only mode.

Please check if something is not broken, I might have missed something.

Things which should work without problems:

- demo server
- daily snapshots
- website, translation stats,...
- creating releases [1]

For using Git, please follow instructions in wiki [2]. Especially
working properly with more branches can save you lot of work.

[1]: As I added there some improvements, I also started documentation
for release process (which is far from being complete right now) on
wiki: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Releasing

[2]: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Git