[Phpmyadmin-devel] [GSoC] PMA OOP architecture ideas with a little REST touch

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Mar 12 12:13:15 CET 2010

Edouard SWIAC a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for your reply Marc, I'm back with some idea for this GSoC project now .

Hi,

I believe that such an architecture change (REST) is beyond the scope of
a GSoC project. I even believe that such a rewrite might be so different
from phpMyAdmin that it should be a distinct project.

About the change of minimum PHP version, well, in the field things are
different. Last week we had about 4000 downloads of phpMyAdmin version
2.11.10.

About PDO, the last time I had a look at it, there were no practical
reasons to support it.

About testing, well, we already have a /test directory in our codebase
but it's limited.