[Phpmyadmin-devel] phpMyAdmin with gettext

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Mon Mar 15 12:29:48 CET 2010

Hi Michal,

I've found a solution and it worked for me now:
I've contacted the developer of TWIG and he gives me a sample filter for
gettext. So I can use in templates as an expample {{ 'Welcome to
phpMyAdmin'|t }}.

I know, that phpMyAdmin should still work without javascript. Javascript
should only be a feature. But if user want to use javascript, this
should be secure enough.

I guess with you, that with wrong encoding/charset in browser settings
also text in pages may be displayed wrong, but phpMyAdmin still works.
Perhabs I will see 'L?schen' instead of 'Löschen', but it still works.
But it's different in javascript (I've written many javascripts in past):
With wrong encoding/charset in browser settings, you'll get 'Löschen'
(or something other terrible for javascript like 'ä' for the letter
'ä') for the string 'Löschen',  which crashes all used javascripts.
With my "bulletproof"-suggestion (using 'L\u00F6schen' instead of
'Löschen'),  only the text is displayed wrong (I will see 'L\u00F6schen'
or 'L?schen' instead 'Löschen'), but javascript still working.

Regards
Michael