[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in Participating in GSoC 2010

Yian Shang yian.shang at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 06:05:09 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm Yian, currently an undergrad at UC Berkeley. I am interested in
participating in phpMyAdmin's GSoC this year as I've used phpMyAdmin for
many years (on a number of web applications) and would like to finally make
some contributions.

I've looked through the list of project ideas and the source code, and I
find that I'm most interested in working on exporting the relations schema
to other formats. I'll start going through the source code a bit more and
perhaps think about how to export schemas to dia or svg.

Out of curiosity, would exporting the schema to dia involve only exporting
the structure whereas exporting to svg might have the data (organized in
some user-specified way, like maybe by summing certain fields together for
everything with the same X)?

Best,
Yian Shang