[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 - OOP Restructuring -PMA

Swvist Corp swvist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 08:40:49 CET 2010

Hello people :-),

I am Vipin Nair, a computer science major, graduating this year form Christ
University <http://christuniversity.in/>, Bangalore, India. My course
effectively ends on April 7th (my last exam date:-):-) Hurray!!!) which
gives me ample time to do what i love the most, i.e. CODE.

I have been programming since a fairly young age, but it was recently that i
dived into Open Source(Around 3 yrs back) and i am an open source advocate
now. I have been using phpMyAdmin ever since i have ever required to use
MySQL. I love this tool and would love to contribute back to it. In my final
semester major project(a social reminder service), i have used PHP5 OOP for
database CRUD (using mysqli) and i think i am fairly good at it.

When i saw 'phpMyAdmin OOP Restructuring' in the GSOC 2010 ideas list at
phpMyAdmin website, first thing that came to my mind is that i can make an
effective contribution to the project, OOP is not new to me and i have spent
enough time in indulging in PHP5 OOP which i think will help me a lot if i
am required to transform phpMyAdmin into OO.

Marc advised me to introduce myself on the mailing list, so here i am with
it, i would love to know other people here and get some crazy ideas as well.
I do have a small crazy idea for phpMyAdmin, which is in my mind right now.
Let me put words to my thought and my next mail will be my Idea for sure.

Well thats all about me, and i do hope that i am picked as student for GSOC
2010.

Thank you all,
Vipin Nair
nair.vipin at ymail.com