[Phpmyadmin-devel] PMA UI Idea

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:17:42 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

I am back with my small crazy Idea! I think a Drag-n-Drop database creation
feature(Something Similar to MySql Workbench) would be a very good idea
implement as a part of new UI. PMA could be next Workbench Killer, if
implemented properly. I tried to implement drag-n-drop using JqueryUI and
did get some initial success. Since PMA is going to get a facelift, i think
this feature is a must. Right now, my code can add a database and a table to
the database using drag-n-drop (Not using PMA). There are a few UI bugs,
removing which i'll upload the code.
I do hope my idea gets implemented as it'll be a revolutionary change in the
way a database is created using PMA.

Thank You,
Vipin Nair
nair.vipin at ymail.com