[Phpmyadmin-devel] committing a patch to git

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Mar 22 18:31:14 CET 2010

Michal Čihař a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Dne Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:02:05 +0100
> Dieter Adriaenssens <dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> $ git merge QA_3_3
>> Auto-merging ChangeLog
>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in ChangeLog
>> Auto-merging Documentation.html
>> Auto-merging libraries/config.default.php
>> Auto-merging main.php
>> Auto-merging tbl_change.php
>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in tbl_change.php
>> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

(...)
Thanks Michal for the explanation. I practiced a bit. When trying a
merge (I had changed just one file), I got conflict on ChangeLog.

In the ChangeLog there was an extra space on one line (just in QA_3_3),
maybe this explains the previous messages.

Anyway I removed the extra space, committed and pushed.

Next I did one "dummy" change in just one file for QA_3_3, merged into
master and did not receive any conflict, yeah!