[Phpmyadmin-devel] Rasmus' no-framework MVC article

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Mar 22 23:39:14 CET 2010

Hi

Dne Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:30:47 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> for those who are not aware, Rasmus Lerdorf has an interesting article:
>
> http://toys.lerdorf.com/archives/38-The-no-framework-PHP-MVC-framework.html
>
> I need to study it more, however I believe that we should take these
> ideas into account while discussing any MVC move for phpMyAdmin.

Well it is interesting article, but using PHP this way requires lot of
discipline. Basically he is right that using another template layer in
PHP, what is itself basically template language is overhead. However
having option to use arbitrary code will lead to some hacks at some
place and you will end up mixing view and controller layers.

So I'm all for real template language which will really limit what can
be used in it (though most of template languages for PHP I've seen do
still allow any code).