[Phpmyadmin-devel] Can this be a GSoC project for phpMyAdmin?

Edvard Ananyan edo888 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:09:09 CET 2010

Hi Marc,

As I can understand the tracking is implemented in the php code. So if
I run a query directly in the database without using phpMyAdmin
functions, the trucking will not function. However my idea is not the
tracking, I want to keep table row versions.

So here is what I think:

1. Add a new tab for a database table (like Tracking) -- Let's call it Revisions
2. Allow the user to enable revision control for that table -- user
can select which table fields need to be kept under control
3. Using php it will create new table called Table_history and will
add a mysql trigger on Table to add the row changes to the history
table. So in this case it will be implemented in the database, not in
the php code. So let's say I'm running a joomla site and I want to
keep jos_content table versions. I go to phpMyAdmin create a revision
for that table. So when I edit my content through the joomla
administration area, which is not running on phpMyAdmin php functions,
it will still keep revisions for that table.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Edvard