[Phpmyadmin-devel] Can this be a GSoC project for phpMyAdmin?

Edvard Ananyan edo888 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:34:33 CET 2010

Yes, it's not that big. But here what I propose in two words.

Can phpMyAdmin mentor this:

1. Implementation of the described table row revision control
2. Implementation of the same interface into Working Copy project
developed for Joomla: http://jwcp.googlecode.com
3. Also I want to implement ajax task tracking system for the same
project to avoid php execution timeouts. Because when a task takes
more than 30 seconds (by default on the most of hosting servers) and
php safe mode is on, which doesn't let set_time_limit(0), the task
fails. So I want to divide the task into small tasks and then use
javascript to fire that small tasks.

In this case both phpMyAdmin and Joomla will benefit.

Let me know your thoughts about this, or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Edvard