[Phpmyadmin-devel] Passing POST variables

Rohit Kalhans rohit.kalhans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 00:29:59 CET 2010

* *

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:38 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:14:00 +0530
> Ninad Pundalik <ninadsp16289 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > On 25 March 2010 14:03, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> > > Not really, there is no generic framework for handling AJAX requests.
> > >
> > Then, as part of my GSoC project, should I focus on creating a
> > framework/modify the existing functions which generate the HTML pages?
>
> Yes, I think this is quite obvious beginning of AJAX project.

well, Ninad, You need not reframe the html output, My idea is that you keep
a special token variable* *as say, [ajax_enabled] and send it along with
your ajax request GET or as a session var (as done by zimbra and gmail ) GET
will not be a popular choice though.
As most of "non required" things like the header and the footer is included
form some other file you may just prevent the inclusion by checking the
token variable.
*
possible problems*: The ajax portion will not be just an add-on it is
directly affecting the native code.

> >  Also, I could create a set of generic jQuery/JavaScript functions for
> > the AJAX requests on the client side and prepare a few example pages
> > from the existing content.  If everyone's fine with this, then I'll
> > re-draft my GSoC proposal.  Post GSoC, I would love to continue with
> > this, and with the help from others in the community, complete this
> > for as many pages as possible in phpMyAdmin.
>
> I'm not sure how much has to be implemented on client side, I thought
> most functionality should already be in jQuery.
>
> Ninad, I think you want to propose that there should be additional (helper
JavaScript files apart from the native JQuery File) that will define the
additional functions like

.button.click= function(){...}

or onload functions.

well you can do that or let this be a part of conversion of moo-tools code
to JQuery code which Marc has informed me is going out right now. you can
modify the "converted" (.js) files and add all these additional functions

> --
>        Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Rohit Kalhans
*homepage:* http://rohit-kalhans.co.cc