[Phpmyadmin-devel] Passing POST variables

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:15:57 CET 2010

Hi,

> Yes, I think this is quite obvious beginning of AJAX project.

I initially thought that this would be about half the work of the
project, the other half being the jQuery scripting, testing on
different browsers to ensure compatibility and obviously, debugging.

> I'm not sure how much has to be implemented on client side, I thought
> most functionality should already be in jQuery.

jQuery has functions to make the AJAX requests.  It also has functions
to manipulate the DOM.  But, they are generic functions, and I hope to
customize them enough that further developers do not have to get into
the nitty-gritty details of the HTML structure (i.e. write wrapper
functions like replaceTable or replaceSQLQuery).

For example, right now, I'm trying to paginate the results of a table,
as you have seen in another mail thread.  Right now, I'm trying to
wrap the HTML generated with some XML, as the output of a query is not
just the table containing the results, but also the profiling results
and the SQL query.  If I can do this properly (add id's to the proper
divs in functions like PMA_profilingResults() ), then this task would
be a lot easier as I could select the correct div with jQuery and then
replace the HTML content.

Ninad S. Pundalik
+91 - 99835 26855 | mail at ninad.x10hosting.com
Twitter: @ni_nad | Identica : @ninad | http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69