[Phpmyadmin-devel] inline js

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Sat Mar 27 00:29:30 CET 2010

Hi

Dne Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:01:31 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> how do you propose to handle the case when a condition in PHP triggers
> some document.write calls that add a functionality only available with
> js, like the color picker? See main.php in master.

In this case you can append to #li_select_theme in case it exists.
Usually there is simple way to write condition in javascript [*] and it
makes things much simpler (it avoids mixing up different
languages in single file, what tends to be confusing).

The best reason for this is to separate used languages in separate
files. With PHP you're already mixing up HTML and PHP what we would
like to avoid through using templates. Adding JavaScript into this
mixture just makes the code more confusing and harder to read.

[*] I'm quit customized to mootools so I can not provide example for
jQuery, but I doubt it is hard.