[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 : Charts in server status page

Neeraj Agarwal nee.agl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:49:37 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Neeraj Agarwal a écrit :
> > On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>
> wrote:

> then
> >> Both suggestions are IMO difficult to implement, just for the benefit of
> >> generating historic data. Not mentionning the huge overhead.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Marc Delisle
> >> http://infomarc.info
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > We can access the MySQL log?
>
> You mean the binary log?
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_Binary_Log
>
> If you find a way to do that via a command sent from mysqli_query() or
> mysql_query(), tell me.
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

We can use one of the many logs available here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/server-logs.html

Can use fopen() to read through the logs and generate data.

Or I think the way of creating a separate PHP library which can capture all
data upto a certain extent would do it too. We will anyway have to maintain
the data to build the graphs.

And the user might turn it off or on as per his wish as and whenever needed
for diagnose basis.

Thanks