[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 : Charts in server status page

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 27 21:23:22 CET 2010

Neeraj Agarwal a écrit :

>>> Can use fopen() to read through the logs and generate data.
>> You are thinking about a process external to phpMyAdmin here, I guess.
>> This is not in the scope of the GSoC projects for phpMyAdmin.
>>
> No, not an external project. In the PMA package itself, we can read and
> scan the MySQL logs and get our data.

How? you only have access to data that the web server itself has access.
Also, the web server can be on a different machine than the MySQL
server, how do you fopen() that?

>>  >
>>> Or I think the way of creating a separate PHP library which can capture
>> all
>>> data upto a certain extent would do it too. We will anyway have to
>> maintain
>>> the data to build the graphs.
>> I don't get your point. What would be calling this PHP library in order
>> to capture this data? You mean all data passing through phpMyAdmin? This
>> does not reflect the complete server activity.
>>
> All the user's code would be calling this PHP library in order for us to
> capture the data. As its done with many different CMS which reports SQL
> stats to administrator for diagnosis basis.

You cannot ask developers of all apps running on a server to modify
their apps in order to capture and store statistical data! This is just
not practical and would work in a limited number of situations.