[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 : Charts in server status page

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 27 21:34:05 CET 2010

Neeraj Agarwal a écrit :

>>> No, not an external project. In the PMA package itself, we can read and
>>> scan the MySQL logs and get our data.
>> How? you only have access to data that the web server itself has access.
>> Also, the web server can be on a different machine than the MySQL
>> server, how do you fopen() that?

>>> All the user's code would be calling this PHP library in order for us to
>>> capture the data. As its done with many different CMS which reports SQL
>>> stats to administrator for diagnosis basis.
>> You cannot ask developers of all apps running on a server to modify
>> their apps in order to capture and store statistical data! This is just
>> not practical and would work in a limited number of situations.
>>

>> --
>> Marc Delisle
>> http://infomarc.info
>
> I understand. What alternative would you suggest?

I don't see any way we can show historic data (except limited historic
data that would be captured and stored only via phpMyAdmin but I doubt
this is useful).

Anyway, other tools like Cacti exist just for this purpose. See Baron's
templates at
http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2008/04/27/improved-cacti-monitoring-templates-for-mysql/

So, we are now oriented to generate graphs only for current status,
aren't we?