[Phpmyadmin-devel] seek help to begin contributing to phpmyadmin

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Mar 28 21:01:57 CEST 2010

Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
> 2010/3/28 Marc Delisle :
>> Harpreet .... a écrit :
>>> hello sir..
>>>
>>> i am a student pursuing graduation in information technology in India. I am
>>> interested in contributing to phpmyadmin projects' by coding but i am a
>>> beginner in this field and i have no idea about how to begin with. if you
>>> could please help me by suggesting me some area i can work on. I have
>>> learned programming in C/C++ and also done an academic project in php and
>>> mysql. I will be highly grateful to you.
>>> eagerly awaiting for your positive response!!!
>>>
>>> thank you
>> First have a look at
>> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2010_Student_Checklist
>
>> then pick a bug or feature request (tracker references are on
>> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/support.php) and submit a patch on
>> the Patch tracker. Which subject you choose to produce a patch is ...
>> your choice.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I think Harpreet is not applying for GSoC, but wants to become a
> volunteer developer. But I might be mistaken.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dieter

Indeed, these days when I see "student" my mind switches in GSoC mode :)
So Harpreet, ignore my first advice about Google Summer of Code student
checklist, just follow my second advice.

In general, people wanting to help should have a look at FAQ 7.3 in
phpMyAdmin's Documentation.html. Of course we welcome your specific
questions on this list.