[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC - Export relations scheme other formats

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Mar 29 10:57:32 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Mon, 29 Mar 2010 02:36:06 +0530
Kishanthan Thangarajah <kshanth2101 at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Here is a draft proposal for the idea : Export relations scheme other formats
>
> After doing some studies on this idea I came across is that exporting
> to SVG and EPS formats is possible with the use of some PHP libraries
> available.

Sure, these both are basically text formats.

> But from what I have found is that for EPS there is no PHP libraries
> which directly output the EPS file. So I thought of  first to create a
> file with known format(eg - .pdf) and then convert that to EPS format.

Well I guess such conversion would cause even more troubles. Creating
postscript manually is not that hard, and once you create some
abstraction layer for generating schema, it should be quite
straightforward to generate postscript for that.

> [1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.dom.php
> [2] http://ezcomponents.org/introduction/overview

Using external library when there is an alternative available directly
in PHP should have good reasons.