[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in Participating in GSoC 2010

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Mar 29 13:53:49 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Mon, 29 Mar 2010 02:16:34 -0700
Yian Shang <yian.shang at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> So since SVG and EPS are both just XML files

No, EPS is text format, not a XML. See
<http://www.tailrecursive.org/postscript/eps.html>.

> , would using PHP's DOM
> libraries to generate them be best? And also, since phpMyAdmin is rewriting
> things in object-oriented php, would that be the way in which elements of
> pdf_schema.php are combined into a generic schema generating class and then
> used by other formats?

Well my implementation would consists of base class for rendering the
schema with virtual methods for rendering the primitives (box, line,
text, ...) and subclasses for each format which would actually
implement these methods.