[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC AJAXifying phpMyAdmin with jQuery

Emily Brand eabrand at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:38:17 CEST 2010

Title: AJAXifying phpMyAdmin with jQuery

Name: Emily Brand

Location: Chicago, CST

I will use jQuery to essentially make 90% of the administration ajax-style
so that not as many reloads will have to occur throughout the site. Speed is
quite a problem in phpMyAdmin at the moment, especially while running
locally (at least on my computer). I am proposing not only switching the top
navigation menu over to jQuery, but also editing table structures, searching
tables, building queries, inserting new fields and new rows, and much more.
I will also allow the site to degrade nicely if a user does not have
javascript enabled.

I am planning on converting the following features to AJAX-style coding:
Top Navigation Bar
Adding Fields to tables
Validating the inserted fields
Inserting/updating rows in tables
Search Function
Query Builder Function
primary/unique/index keys
Empty/Drop/Delete

Does anyone have any more suggestions of things I can add to my timeline?

Thanks!

Emily Brand

eabrand at gmail.com
http://linkedin.com/in/emilybrand