[Phpmyadmin-devel] RFC: Integerating mysqltuner into phpmyadmin

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Mar 30 16:11:46 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:58:58 +0000 (UTC)
Raj Shekhar <rajlist at rajshekhar.net> napsal(a):

> I wanted to see if there is some interest from the PMA developers in
> integerating this into PMA.  Currently there are tabs to show the
> variables and status counters (server_status.php and
> server_variables.php).  I was thinking of a server_tuneups.php script
> that would print out tuning recommendations.
>
> This is not a GSoC project.
>
> Let me know what you think.

We already have a feature request for including such thing into
server status :-).

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1450298&group_id=23067&atid=377411

So yes, we're definitely interested (please note that your class needs
to be licensed under GPLv2 compatible license so that it can be
included in phpMyAdmin).

The only question is whether to integrate it into some existing page
(what I would prefer) or to create new one.