[Phpmyadmin-devel] Main page reorganization

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu May 13 23:28:39 CEST 2010

Lori Lee a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have created a prototype of a proposed redesign of the main page:
> http://lorilee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/index_page_new.png. I feel
> that this is a more logical organization of the information and makes it
> easier to scan. I made the bullets all identical (in the screenshot they
> look like they are different sizes but they are not supposed to be)
> because in the current version, some bullets are an icon that is
> meaningful to that bullet item (ex. Change password), while others
> simply have a triangle (ex. Custom color) -- which, by the way, looks
> misleadingly clickable. This makes it seem like these two categories of
> bullets mean different things, when they actually do not.
>
> Another feature that may be useful is allowing each group of items to be
> collapsed and expanded and keeping that state for future sessions.
>
> Please let me know what you think of these suggestions.

Lori,
It's a good cleanup.

It's true that triangles were misleading, but no more little icons next
to some of the choices?

Also, in the actual "Actions" section, there are also
- server dialog, in case multiple servers are defined
- Log out link
Where would you put these?

I'm not sure about putting "Change password" in Settings.

Also, someone on a discussion list was saying that this whole Home panel
should not appear by default as it's not commonly used. However I wonder
what should be there instead (this is configured in
$cfg['DefaultTabServer']).