[Phpmyadmin-devel] Visual Query builder

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Mon May 24 22:00:39 CEST 2010

2010/5/24 Martynas Mickevičius <mmartynas at gmail.com>:
> On 24 May 2010 21:29, ANKIT GUPTA <ankitatbits at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made a few changes in the design, added self join operation plz have a
>> look http://ankitgupt.wordpress.com/2010/05/.
>>
>> my Git repo's  link is
>> http://repo.or.cz/phpmyadmin/ankitg.git
>> although i am having a few issues with the push command,
>>
>> git push ankitg master gives error
>> To ssh://repo.or.cz/srv/git/phpmyadmin/ankitg.git
>>  ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast forward)
>> error: failed to push some refs to
>> 'ssh://repo.or.cz/srv/git/phpmyadmin/ankitg.git'
>>
>> I saw the code of designer and it uses linked table infrastructure,
>> but this infrastructure doesn't exist by default.
>> so for visual builder should this be developed in such a way that it
>> without  linked table.
>> or should we follow designer.?
>>

> For pushing you only need to use "git push" when you have checked out your
> local developement tracking branch.
> Take a look
> here: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Git#Publishing_changes_for_merge
> It happens that now I am also trying to set up my developing environement.
> (:

That's how I did it:
1. clone official PMA repository
2. create "push" fork on repo.or.cz
3. make a ssh key and assign it to your user account on repo.or.cz
(don't forget to add yourself write permission on the fork)
3a. create ~/.ssh/config with contents:
Host repo.or.cz
        User your_repoorcz_username
4. console:
git remote add gsoc ssh://repo.or.cz/srv/git/phpmyadmin/yourfork.git
git checkout master
git push gsoc master (now a big push takes place, about 100 MB)
git branch --track your_local_gsoc_branch_name origin/master

Now you work on your_local_gsoc_branch_name, and if you need newer
code from master you can merge changes into your working branch.

Instructions taken from phpMyAdmin wiki, please correct me if I am wrong.

--
Piotr