[Phpmyadmin-devel] SQL terminology

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon May 31 18:11:16 CEST 2010

Hi,
today someone sent me a remark that phpMyAdmin does not follow the SQL
and relational terminology when calling a column "field" and a row
"record". I agree with him (in fact, this has annoyed me for some time)
and here is what I intend to do:

- for the 3.4 series I'll change all messages accordingly

- for the 3.3 series I think we should leave the old terminology in
place to avoid confusion, as 3.3.x is out since months and people
referring to it in documentation, magazines, books, etc are using the
old terminology