[Phpmyadmin-devel] [Phpmyadmin-git] [SCM] phpMyAdmin branch, QA_3_3, updated. RELEASE_3_3_8-14-g5f4604c

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:57:09 CET 2010

2010/11/15 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
>
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> Apparently, your latest bugfix in QA_3_3 was not merged with master
>> yet. It merged automatically when I merged my changes in QA_3_3 to
>> master.
>> I hope this is not a problem.
>>
> Hi Dieter,
> in my tests, the fix was not needed for master. I'll test again to ensure
> that the "fix" does not make things worse.

Hi Marc,

OK, was there a way I could have avoided this accidental merge?
Usually I just do

$git merge QA_3_3

in master after a commit to the QA_3_3 branch. (As mentioned on the
developers wiki [0])

There is a possibility of just merging the commit, instead of the
branch. But I guess that this is an exceptional case were a patch in
QA_3_3 didn't have to be applied to master, so the procedure as
mentioned on the wiki is still valid (and the more straight forward
one).

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Git#Committing_fixes_to_several_branches

Kind regards,

Dieter