[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXification and edit privileges

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:58:01 CEST 2010

Hi Piotr,

On 01/09/2010, Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Random numbers can result in eq. 1 per million request to show stale
> data (due to browser or proxy cache'ing). I believe using POST is a
> better solution, as it covers even these (unlikely, but still
> existing) edge cases.
>
> Have you tried to issue cache'ing headers on the server to prevent
> cache'ing? That would solve this problem - you use GET with no
> workarounds.

I checked the online documentation of jQuery (I have a slightly older
version, 1.3), and found an option that prevent cached requests from
being served.  I tried using it today, but was not able to get any
results.  I'll go through the docs again, and give it another shot
tomorrow.

Thanks! :)

--
Ninad S. Pundalik