[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAX and disappearing messages

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 22:10:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 01/09/2010, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:47:23 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> So you would prefer a message that stays there and that you can close
>> manually?
I like this idea too.

> I'd prefer same message as is in non-AJAX version. The SQL box is
> added/updated anyway, so why should not be message as well?
Some of the messages are trivial ones, like 'Loading', 'Processing
Request'.  Hence, I wanted to hide the message after a certain amount
of time.

But, this use case was something that I did not think too much about.
I can move the messages from the notification div on the top to a div
above the SQL box, instead of showing it on the top as it is now.
I've been trying to figure out what has been causing the messages to
disappear since yesterday, but could not understand why jQuery's
clearQueue() was failing.  Should I go ahead and make this change?

--
Ninad S. Pundalik