[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoG 2011: Reg Zoom-search idea

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:10:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-04-03 07:43, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>

> > Yes, probably or like collisions resolution in hashing. I'll think on it
> > more.
> > I've submitted my proposal, hoping to get some feedback. Is it okay if we
> > concentrate more on a stable,usable product than implement many advanced
> > functionality? Because here it seems to be the case where we can add a
> lot
> > of statistics into the system.
>
> Choosing what is basic functionality and what is advanced, is open to
> interpretation; a usability test with a group can tell you more.
>
> I agree.

Also, in the proposal should we mention exact working of the zooming tool?
I'm thinking that the functionality is fairly clear and many of available
plugins could well be of use. So we can maybe use those (with modifications
to our needs) instead of coding everything from scratch. It will also be
good if the zooming tool is something like they have used earlier e.g. like
google maps zooming. User might find such system more friendly.