[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2011: PAM MOBILE VERSION just another project idea

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Apr 7 15:34:40 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:41:52 +0530
Rohit Kalhans <rohit.kalhans at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> I guess a PAM client version for android will be quite useful.

I guess that by PAM you mean phpMyAdmin and Pluggable Authentication
Modules, what this shortcut usually means :-).

> from development perspective, we may use the PAM backbone server

There is no such thing as server right now. There is no real separation
between functionality and the user interface.

> and create
> a client for android, the sole purpose of which will be to send HTTP request
> to the server hosting PHPMyAdmin, The server will in-turn do the task of
> carrying out the operations. (i know its quite obvious but still).

What are advantages over providing simplified HTML interface which
would work nicely on small devices?