[Phpmyadmin-devel] Issues with AJAX

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:00:40 CEST 2011

I have a few issues with new AJAX features. All below concerns Firefox
4, I haven't tested in other browsers.

SQL tab:
1. When executing a query from the SQL tab, "Loading" is shown much
too long, I started wondering whether something was broken - it
disappeared 3 seconds after the result was shown. It should do it as
fast as when it does when changing page in Browse.
2. I executed a query which returns no rows multiple times, when a new
message arrives the previous one is faded out. It makes elements of
the screen to move, and for a short while I have two result messages.
What about removing this effect and just deleting old result? The
hiding of "Loading" message should  be an appropriate indicator for
saying whether the result we see is the one pertaining to the last
query.
3. When I issue a CREATE TABLE query the navigation frame is not
refreshed - it should be.
4. I executed two queries:
SELECT * FROM information_schema.tables where 0=1
I got "MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).", ok. Next query:
SELECT * FROM information_schema.tables
Message from previous execution stays on screen, it should disappear.

Database Structure tab:
5. When creating a new table with 10 columns the window is just too
small: this window should  show only for simple cases when only
vertical scrolling is necessary. [1]
6. In previous PMA versions after creating a new table I landed on new
table's Structure tab, it doesn't happen now, I see only a popup
message saying that table was created (to get to table creation page,
click "Create table" in navigation frame).
7. It just struck me, we have a header saying "Create table on
database <dbname>", shouldn't it be "Create table in database
<dbname>"? Tables reside in databases, not on them.

[1] http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5011/ajaxss1.png

--
Piotr Przybylski