[Phpmyadmin-devel] Issues with AJAX

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Apr 9 09:14:32 CEST 2011

Le 2011-04-08 18:56, Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
> 2011/4/8 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
>> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>> (...)
>>> Database Structure tab:
>>> 5. When creating a new table with 10 columns the window is just too
>>> small: this window should  show only for simple cases when only
>>> vertical scrolling is necessary. [1]
>>
>> Piotr,
>> even without Ajax (therefore without a jQuery dialog) the window is too
>> small unless you have a monster screen (I don't).
>
> I too don't have it, but the dialog is much smaller than frame.
>
>> "Mandatory" fields are the column name and type (maybe length/values);
>> what about introducing a mechanism to hide the other fields by default,
>> and revealing then in a clever way (just for one column when the user
>> needs them) ?
>
> Probably a bad idea, I believe most users would like to have all
> options available instead of having to look for some "more" button
> each time they create a table.

Let's hear what "most users" have to say on this :)

Looking at my own behavior when I create a table, I can assure you that
I would not use the "More" button very often (once on the primary key
and on columns having a default value). Also it would be in the same
direction as the new 3.4 Export Quick/Custom interface (set to Quick by
default).

We could have a user preference to turn off this behavior.

We already have a similar behavior for ENUM/SET columns (Get more
editing space).