[Phpmyadmin-devel] Fwd: regex-replace UI suggestion

Karol Danko quibusus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:44:54 CEST 2011

Hi Mark, thank you for reply

I will use both POSIX (for WHERE) and PCRE for (match&replace)

The script will first select all rows matching WHERE fieldset
after that it will loop the results and handle the replace via PHP
(2nd fieldset MATCH and 3rd fieldset REPLACE)

(So to check all rows with PHP, the WHERE fieldset would be empty)

The problem however is the use of both POSIX and PCRE on the same page which
may be confusing,
but using only MySQL POSIX would make more complicated replaces impossible.
On the other hand using only PHP's PCRE and looping all the results may be
very inefficient on large result sets.