[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoc 2011: Improved Status page

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:56:38 CEST 2011

Hi all

I am glad and feel quite honored that the mentors chose my project,
especially because this was my first and only gsoc proposal! So thank
you for that :)

As mentioned already in my first introduction (http://bit.ly/hbhyBH) I
am a 25 year old undergraduate student from Vienna/Austria and i'm
currently enrolled at the Technical University of Vienna studying
'Software & Information Engineering'.
I've been working with PHP&MySQL in my free time for over 10 years
already and also started to leverage the powers of jQuery, OOP PHP and
AJAX. At the moment I'm working on a (almost) entirely AJAX based
content management system, where phpMyAdmin is being an invaluable
tool for me. So I'm especially pleased to work on a project that will
directly benefit me on my endeavor.

My Project aims to significantly improve the Status page of
phpMyAdmin. In short, I'm going to restructure the page, add history
recording and graphing features for the server status and will
generate a bunch of graphs that I will extract from the
slow_query_log. A more detailed description can be found in my newest
blog entry (http://bit.ly/hcRWv4)

My Blog can be found at:
http://tyronx.blogspot.com/

My Git repos (nothing to see there yet though):
http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/tyronm.git

My outdated (but soon to be updated) site:
http://tyron.at