[Phpmyadmin-devel] New navigation frame resize handler

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Mon Aug 1 14:54:30 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 15:39 +0300, Tyron Madlener wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Having it resizeable seems nice. But I'm not sure that the
> >> synchronisation between tabs is useful.
> >> When I would resize to fit some specific table names this does not mean
> >> that I need the same space for an other tab where I might have a
> >> different database.
> > I was thinking of adding a configuration option to disable this.
>
> I agree with Herman, this feature seems rather like an inconvenience
> than a feature to me. And this would be the very first
> setting/configuration in phpMyAdmin that is synchronized - why does it
> deserve that status? ;)

Not sure what you are saying here... What status is there to deserve?

Anyway, I meant a configuration setting for disabling this feature, not
synchronising the actual setting. And the synchronisation of the frame
widths occurs via a cookie, not via the pma configuration...

But yeah, I see how you could label it a nuissance and I have no problem
getting rid of the feature for synchronising widths across frames and
reverting to the old, somewhat flawed, logic for handling the frame
widths.