[Phpmyadmin-devel] legal concerns about external libraries

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Aug 3 13:45:53 CEST 2011

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:18:33 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>>> I still wonder if native support for Excel 2007 is worth including 3
>>> MiB of code.
>> Where I work, a user faced a situation where simple CSV exporting was
>> not enough but I don't remember the specifics. Maybe Dieter can add his
>> comments about native support's advantages.
>
> Having use case when native Excel is needed would definitely help in
> making such decision.

Michal,
in this old message from June 2004
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20040608142911.GA10581%40ns.liten.cz&forum_name=phpmyadmin-devel
you mention that you added MS Excel export with PEAR
Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer.

Then Garvin Hicking replied "it's a good benefit".

We could ask the phpmyadmin-users list about use cases.