[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Operations

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Aug 4 13:37:57 CEST 2011

Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
>  I went through other options which could be able to ajaxify. I found
> following issues with them.
>
>    1. Since "Move Table to database" option should redirect to the moved
>       table in the new database, we have to anyhow refresh the "Frame
>       content" after this action. So there is no point of  applying
>       ajax behavior to it.

Agreed.

>    2. For "*Table options*"  if I add the ajax behavior to submit the
>       form without reloading the page I may need to replace all the
>       table parameters which are currently embedded with the "*href*"
>       attributes in the whole page. As an example it I change the table
>       name from "actor" to "actor1" using "*Table options*" I may need
>       to change the "*href*" of all four links in "*Table maintenance*"
>       and "*Delete data or table*" to actor1 by using ajax. Is it okay
>       to do that.

Yes.

>    3. In "*Delete data or table*" section currently there is a
>       "*("#truncate_tbl_anchor").live('click'')*" action in functions.js
>       file. In there after using the $.get() function, the two frames
>       are reloaded. We can modify this action to stay at the same page
>       after "*Truncate the table*". We cannot apply ajax to "*Delete the
>       table(Drop)*" option because anyhow we have to quit the "*Table
>       options*" after deleting the table.

Agreed.

> I think all the options in "*Table maintenance*" section need ajax
> behavior (process without reloading the page). If you find any of the
> above mentioned options need changes can you please comment on those.
> I'll work with ajaxifying the "*Table maintenance*" section and update
> you as soon as possible.

In Table maintenance's current non-Ajax behavior, the results page
contains unneeded parts.

For example, choosing "Check table" does this:
- display the generated query (ok)
- show the results containing status (ok)
- show Query results operations (unneeded)
- show Bookmark section (unneeded)

This is because tbl_operations.php calls sql.php when
$_REQUEST['table_maintenance'] is set.

Try to remove the unneeded parts, at least for the new Ajax bahavior.