[Phpmyadmin-devel] Query statistics chart slows down page load

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 22:12:21 CEST 2011

2011/8/4 Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Query statistics tab greatly increases page load time in my browser -
>> I get about 5s delay before tabs are created which is IMO too slow.
>> Removing "<?php printQueryStatistics(); ?>" from the code decreases it
>> to less than a second and causes page load event to be fired about 10
>> seconds earlier (at 2nd second instead of 12th).
>>

> printQueryStatistics() itself only displays a rather small table and a
> bit of json code. That itself should actually hardly make a
> difference. To test the page load time without the chart you'd need to
> remove the PMA_createChart()-call inside initTab() in
> server_status.js. In my tests it only loaded 200-300ms faster though.

In my test it loaded 8s faster (time betreen DOMContentLoaded and load
events) after adding "break;" in initTab() for 'statustabs_queries'.
Firebug profiler shows that PMA_createChart executes in 500 ms, but it
also causes 8s of delay. I guess it is caused by page reflows during
chart drawing. It definitely shouldn't happen during page load, even
500ms is a lot.

localhost, Intel i5 M540 (2,53 GHz), Windows 7 and Firefox 5.

--
Piotr Przybylski