[Phpmyadmin-devel] advisory rules and translation

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Aug 8 09:34:14 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Sat, 6 Aug 2011 21:49:56 +0300
Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Yes, that is an issue that I still have to solve. I'd love to keep the
> rules file independent from the translation mechanism by adding some
> compile/transform mechanism for pma releases.
>
> But if that is not possible I guess I will have to rename
> advisory_rules.txt to a php file, surround all text strings with __('
> '); and hope it works as well.
>
> I'd prefer to have the syntax of advsiory_rules.txt as simple as
> possible so other users can easily add new rules without the knowledge
> of php.

What I don't like about text file solution is that it brings need to
maintain parser for that. Having the data as PHP array would avoid this
and I think it could be as readable as the text file is. I would see
great advantage of text file if it could be shared with other tools,
what I don't think it is the case right now. Being only for phpMyAdmin,
I'd stick with PHP code.

On the other side, translation could be solved for text file as well,
if we decide to use it.