[Phpmyadmin-devel] qTip usage for more reusable code

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:38:50 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> From: Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com>

>> "Hint"-tooltips
>> hint

>> they use phpMyAdmin. I'll try to add this configuration after I finish the
>> grid editing feature.
>>>>

>>>  I added new configuration for this
>> (commit 0e39df6ca4b2d9e129e301b9f17c5eb1d57ad851 in my git). It is configurable
>> in Settings -> Features -> General -> Show hint. This configuration
>> affect all tooltips created with PMA_createqTip() function. I added this
>> configuration both for user preference and setup page.
>>>

>> I took the freedom to improve PMA_createqTip() in my branch:
>>
>> - Style information has moved into 2 css classes that are now defined
>> in theme_right.css.php
>> - The tooltip now looks more similar to the initial tooltip you've
>> built (that was quite difficult I have to say)
>> - I've removed the dHint class from theme_right.css.php (it was used
>> by the old tooltip code)
>
> Great! I tried this in your demo and it works well. :)
>

>> Currently I just copied the style to the original theme, anyone in the
>> mood to make a fitting look for it?
>>
>> About your configuration, I think you should rather set a global
>> variable like "hideTooltips = true;" inside messages.php for now.
>> Creating a <span class="no_hint"> element in header.inc.php and
>> then
>> checking for its existence sounds like a not too good workaround.
>>

> I also thought like you before. But, as the messages.php is mainly for passing translatable message to javascript, it sounds not good to place the code in there.

Yes indeed. I've now added a function named PMA_AddJSCode() that
allows you to add js code into the header, like I proposed last month
(currently just collects an array that is imploded in the header) I
think this should now be the preferred way to pass non-static js-data
to the browser. Static js-data still can go to messages.php, thats
what the file is made for.

This is not merged to master yet, though.