[Phpmyadmin-devel] Merging grid editing

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:46:56 CEST 2011

> From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>

> Aris Feryanto a écrit :
>>  Hi Marc,
>>
>>>  From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>

> like to

>>>  Done.
>>>  OK.
>>>

>>  I finished cleaning code in js/makegrid.js and pushed the changes to
>>  my git repo.
>>
>>  I change the structure of the code to match existing PMA code, but I
>>  still keep the OOP style inside the function. The new PMA_makegrid()
>>  function can accept some optional parameters, in order to adjust
>>  which functionality (resize, reorder, show/hide, grid edit) that want
>>  to be enabled for a table. This may be useful for applying some
>>  features for other types of table (other than the one generated while
>>  browsing database).
>>
>>  -- Aris Feryanto
>
> Pushed, thanks.
>
> I am making a last attempt about this issue: do you have an idea about
> advertising (for example with a tip) about grid editing?

Oh, right. Adding tooltips in every editable cells will be disturbing, IMO.

How about add a hint tooltip in "Edit" link in table's rows? Maybe some hint like: "You can also edit a field by clicking directly on a cell in the table.". Actually, we may add more hint to tell the users that grid editing doesn't work for BLOB data type, but the hint will be too long to be displayed.

--
Aris Feryanto