[Phpmyadmin-devel] column reorder potential problem

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 14:35:24 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

> From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>

>>>  No; however since the grid editing feature is there, when I want to
>>>  select text inside a data cell, the text is not selected but when I
>>>  release the mouse button, the grid editing box opens. In this box I can
>>>  select the text, whether or not a checkbox is clicked.
>>
>>  Oh, right. That is the case when we only select text in one cell. What
>>  I've tried before was selecting text more than one cell in a row.
>>
>>  Should we handle such selection (e.g., using proposed method in
>>  "clear_selection" branch in my git)? Or clarify that such text
> selection
>>  cannot be done in order to enable the shift+click feature (i.e., user
>>  must select the cells one by one)?
>
> Aris,
> please tell me which of these problems the clear_selection branch is fixing.

The clear_selection branch fix the problem of selecting text in more than one data cell, after toggling a checkbox in the data row.

It enables shift+click feature and text selection altogether by clearing the text selection when we do shift+click instead of completely disabling the text selection in <table>. But, the problem is the screen is a bit flickering after doing a shift+click in the data rows.

--
Aris Feryanto