[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search and panning feature

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Aug 15 18:55:47 CEST 2011

Ammar Yasir a écrit :

> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Ammar Yasir <ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
> <mailto:ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com
>     <mailto:tyronx at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Ammar Yasir
>         <ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com <mailto:ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>          > Hi,
>          >
>          > I guess there is no inbuilt panning feature available for
>         Highcharts yet. I
>          > also looked around in the Highstock demos (which has pan
>         feature) on whether
>          > we can use the feature from there. The problem is that the
>         zoom feature in
>          > Highcharts uses the click and drag mouse wheel event, so we
>         cant use those
>          > events for pan as Highstock does. If we want to have a pan
>         feature with
>          > inbuilt zoom of Highcharts, we would have to use a button
>         panel or similar.
>          > Otherwise write our own zoom and pan feature?
>          >

>         What about that code snippet I wrote to you?
>         (http://jsfiddle.net/HXUmK/5/)
>         That seems to work really well.
>
>     Yes I'm integrating it. Will see how it works out.
>
> Hi,
>
> I considered the snippet Tyron suggested (and pushed my work). It wasn't
> working really well so I changed the equations for setting of axis
> extremes. The mousewheel zoom works okay but the panning feature I'm not
> fully convinced. The logic seems to be right (readjusting the axis
> extremes on mouse drag position) but it seems to very sensitive. I'll
> try to look more into the panning but in my opinion the inbuilt zoom
> feature works better than this.

Ammar,

I tried commit ed98d7ead90a73e64602ee20621d54f0b33f39dc: I zoomed in
with the mouse and when I try panning, sometimes it zooms at the same time.

This is unfortunate because after zooming, we really need to be able to pan.

P.S. in this commit, why did you move js/date.js under js/jquery/date.js?