[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom-search and panning feature

Ammar Yasir ammaryasir.88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:34:44 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Ammar Yasir a écrit :
>
> >      >     Ammar,
> >      >
> >      >     I tried commit ed98d7ead90a73e64602ee20621d54f0b33f39dc: I
> >     zoomed in
> >      >     with the mouse and when I try panning, sometimes it zooms at
> the
> >      >     same time.
> >      >
> >      >     This is unfortunate because after zooming, we really need to
> >     be able
> >      >     to pan.
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > Yes It is unfortunate because the logic is right in the code. I
> >     tried to
> >      > look it up and its probably due to the way setExtremes() function
> >     works.
> >      > Will look into it more. How about the mousewheel zoom? Is its
> >      > functioning satisfactory?
> >
> >     Yes.
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I improved on the panning feature. It no longer has a 'zoom' side-effect
> > associated with it. The endonTick and startonTick options were causing
> > problems and rounding the axis min/max to nearest tick I suppose. I also
> > added a custom reset zoom functionality, it is very similar to the
> > inbuilt 'Reset Zoom'. Whenever we call the setExtremes() method the link
> > is displayed and is kept hidden in the original display
> > settings(zoomRatio = 1, no Pan).
>
> About panning: indeed it seems to work well.
>
> About zooming: please confirm that now, zooming can be done only via
> mousewheel. If so:
>  - you should update "How to use"
>  - how do I proceed to zoom a particular area? selecting the area gave
> me a better control over which area I want to zoom
>
> You need to zoom in to a certain level of detail. You can then use panning
to move around and explore the plot. That way you can zoom into a particular
area.
I agree that the earlier inbuilt zoom where we could select an area to zoom
was better. Its effectively a zoom and pan functionality combined in one. In
my opinion, if we use the inbuilt zoom then including a separate panning
feature is not that necessary.