[Phpmyadmin-devel] Prototype of new navigation

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sat Aug 20 16:33:47 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 09:49 -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Rouslan Placella a écrit :
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've been working on a rewrite of the navigation frame and I've pushed a
> > prototype to my remote repo and it's available for preview on my demo
> > server [1]. It's still quite far from being finished, there are several
> > unimplemented features and bugs, but you will get a general idea.
> >
> > I would appreciate if you take the time to have a look at it and give me
> > some feedback regarding this. Thanks.
> >
> > Rouslan
> >
> > [1]: http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-rouslan/
>
> Rouslan,
> impressive! I'm trying to run it on my machine but I cannot find this
> code in git://repo.or.cz/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git.

The code is in the 'rte' branch [1], but please keep in mind that it's
far from being ready, as I was rushing the development because I wanted
to have something almost-usable for the GSoC deadline. In fact, it needs
a lot of refactoring, cleaning, commenting, optimising, the addition of
missing features and some bugfixes.

[1]: http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git/shortlog/refs/heads/rte

> Suggestions:
> - show which db is active (because you may open more than one)
Noted, thanks.

> - the tree should not close after a table copy from Operations
Yeah, I need something better than refreshing the whole navigation upon
operations such as "new db", "new table", "copy", "rename", etc....

Rouslan