[Phpmyadmin-devel] Grid editing and Browse foreign values

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 04:59:24 CEST 2011

On 20 Agu 2011, at 22:54, Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 19 Agu 2011, at 19:46, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Aris,
>>
>> in sakila.film_actor, grid editing a value of film_id and clicking
>> "Browse foreign values" shows the values in another window but I can't
>> pick a value and update the first window.
>>
>> With Edit it works fine.
>>

> Hmm. Weird. It was working before. I'll look into this soon.

Fixed in my git.

And I forgot to update something about grid editing:

The grid editing now display a date(time) picker for datetime, date, or timestamp data type. In order to make the datetime picker work for grid editing, I replaced the js/jquery/timepicker.js by Martin Milesich [0] with a new timepicker by Trent Richardson [1].

Why? At first, I tried to display datetime picker with existing PMA_addDatePicker() function, which call a jQuery plugin function defined in js/jquery/timepicker.js. But, it didn't work. I need to append the datetime picker inside the "edit area", while it must update the selected date & time in the input box outside the edit area. It seems that the previous datetime picker cannot handle this case. Then, I opened link [0] and found the statement written by the author:

"I would not recommend you to use this plugin because you may end up hitting your head against the wall. Instead, use the timepicker plugin from Trent Richardson."

Then, I tried to use the new timepicker and it works! :)
The new plugin also quite similar with the previous, so I only need to change a little amount of code in PMA_addDatePicker() function.

--
Aris Feryanto