[Phpmyadmin-devel] Dismissable ajax messages

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Tue Aug 23 21:25:38 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I think that there is a problem with the current implementation of the
PMA_ajaxShowMessage() function. The issue is that it has a fixed 5sec
timeout. For error messages I think that it's too little, but for info
messages it's way too much. I remember someone already mentioning here
on the list this exact problem (though can't remember who or when).

I wrote a patch [1] that increases the ajax message timeout to 10s and
offers the users the possibility to dismiss any ajax message. With this
patch applied, the user is shown a tooltip when hovering a notification,
which lets him/her know that by clicking on the notification, it will be
removed. However this tooltip is hidden when the user hovers over a link
or a button, since by clicking one of those the user will actually
follow the link rather than dismissing the notification (which I think
would be the expected behaviour).

I'd like to merge this commit to master branch, so please let me know
what you think.

Rouslan

[1]:
http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git/commitdiff/dd566ec76c0e182f6367dcc157b1cb4eeb30ff29