[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in AJAXify Interface project idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Feb 5 17:08:45 CET 2011

Le 2011-02-05 10:42, lgtkaushalya at gmail.com a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
>    I have checked for the improvement on Ajaxify the database search result
> browsing and and deletion operations. I have modified the browse option and
> loaded the search results in the same window with the search criteria done.
> Here is the doc which contains the screen shots of the modification [1].
>
>   But there is a little issue with that. I just used to load the same result
> window which gave previously by the sql.php file. So the tab navigation bar
> is appeared again according to the browsing table(I have showed it by [3] in
> the image). Without that navigation bar we cannot give the table options
> such as structure and import, and also if we remove the database tab
> navigation bar(which I showed by the [1] in the image) and replaced it with
> the table tab navigation bar (I have showed it by [3] in the image) we will
> not be able to do the database navigation options at that stage.
>
>   So I'm confusing with taking decision of removing or keeping the table tab
> navigation bar(I have showed it by [3] in the image) on the Ajaxified DB
> result panel. So can you suggest your opinions on this issue. Thank you.
>
> [1] -
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E1Hh9BjAt741o4anw7jpIhUBh7JqrUnYfrppUE9nyIk/edit?hl=en&authkey=CMDD77AC#
>
> Regards,
> Thilanka.

Thilanka,
this is a very good question. If we stay in the same pane, I would
prefer to remove #3 (table menu tabs) because at this point, what I
usually want to do is look at the data and edit it, not really start
operations on this table. Probably also replace the line

localhost super_store advertisement
with

However, maybe you could show a superimposed pane with the table
results, keeping its menu tabs. This could be done similar to when we
create a table.